
Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer on MSNBC’s Up with Steve Kornacki, January 18, 2014
Monmouth County mayors and other municipal officials are reacting to Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer’s allegations that her city is not receiving Sandy Relief funds because she hasn’t pushed through a redevelopment approval coveted by Governor Chris Christie with a high degree of skepticism, because their storm ravaged communities have yet to see significant money yet either.
One elected official who asked not to be quoted said, “If Hoboken had approved that Rockefeller project, Zimmer would still be standing on her head at a Hoboken street corner looking for her Sandy money. The money hasn’t started to flow yet.”
“Is it believable that Guadagno (Lt. Governor Kim Guadango) or Constable (DCA Commissioner Richard Constable) encouraged Zimmer to expedite an project? Yes. As a quid pro quo for Sandy dollars? No way,” another official said.
Zimmer alleged on MSNBC’s Up with Steve Kornacki this morning that Guadagno pulled her aside at a Hoboken ribbon cutting and warned that Sandy Relief money to Hoboken was contingent on a development application by the Rockefeller Group being approved by the city. Zimmer said that Constable told her at a Monmouth University symposium on Sandy recovery that relief dollars would flow if the Rockefeller application was approved.
After talking to local and state officials today, MMM understands that the federal money for Sandy Relief is flowing dripping through four sources; FEMA, the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) which administers relief for homeowners, the New Jersey Economic Development Agency(EDA) and County Governments which are administering Hazard Mitigation Grants. The Hazard Mitigation Grants are funded by FEMA and distributed to the counties by the State Office of Emergency Management.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 18th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Chris Christie, Dawn Zimmer, EDA, FEMA, Hoboken | Tags: Belmar, Bridgegate, Chris Christie, Dawn Zimmer, Frank Nolan, Highlands, Matt Doherty, Middletown, MSNBC, Steve Kornacki, Tony Fiore, Up with Steve Kornacki | 19 Comments »
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 16th, 2014 | Author: admin | Filed under: Chris Christie, Port Authority | Tags: Bridgegate, Chris Christie, Port Authority of NY/NJ | Comments Off on New Christie bridge scandal subpoenas target governor’s top aides, advisers
Trenton, NJ – Today, the Christie Administration announced the retention of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP to assist with the internal review announced by Governor Christie last week and to further cooperate with the U.S. Attorney inquiry. As part of the review process, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP will review best practices for office operations and information flow, and assist with document retention and production.
“Governor Christie made clear last week that he will conduct an internal review to uncover the facts surrounding the lane closures in Fort Lee. His Administration is fully cooperating with the U.S. Attorney inquiry and other appropriate inquiries and requests for information. To assist in conducting that internal review and furthering that cooperation, the Christie Administration is announcing today that Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP has been retained as outside counsel. Their presence will bring an outside, third-party perspective to the situation, and they will be a valuable asset as we move forward. This Administration is committed to ensuring that what happened here never happens again. That’s what the people of New Jersey deserve.”
Heading up the Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP team is former federal prosecutor Randy Mastro. Mastro is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he specialized in organized crime cases and spearheaded the federal government’s landmark racketeering suit that compelled the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to hold democratic elections and to undergo court supervision. Mastro also served as former Deputy Mayor of New York City.
Posted: January 16th, 2014 | Author: admin | Filed under: Chris Christie, Christie Administration, Port Authority | Tags: Bridgegate, Chris Christie, Gibson Dunn Crutcher, Press Release, Randy Mastro | 6 Comments »

Congressman Frank Pallone moving his lips, and fingers
On early Monday morning, 6:54, in the midst of the Bridgegate network and cable TV media feeding frenzy engulfing Governor Chris Christie, CNN reported an “Exclusive” story that “federal officials” were investigating whether Christie had “improperly used” some of the Sandy Relief money used to produce the Stonger than the Storm tourism ad campaign. The source of the “Exclusive” was Congressman Frank Pallone.
Within the hour, Pallone had widely released a statement to the media and posted it on his federally funded website, that contained the information reported “Exclusively” by CNN.
That should have been the media’s first clue that Pallone is not trustworthy. He offered an exclusive to CNN, and then spread, the story, like a crack whore needing another fix.
But no, the media lapped up the story. It led the 8 am hour of most network morning news shows, and dominated the the political news of the day as an “additional federal investigation” that Christie was facing.
The story was a lie. Not an exaggeration. A lie.
MMM was the first media outlet to fact check the story. We started doing so immediately upon reading it on CNN.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 15th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: #STTS, Frank Pallone, Pallone | Tags: #STTS, Chris Christie, Frank Pallone, HUD, HUD Inspector General David Montoya, Ian O'Connor | 7 Comments »
Posted: January 15th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Chris Christie, Port Authority, Quinnipiac poll | Tags: Bridgegate, Chris Christie, Port Authority of NY/NJ, Quinnipiac poll | Comments Off on Quinnipiac Poll: New Jersey Voters Don’t Believe Christie Ordered GWB Lane Closures
Posted: January 15th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Chris Christie, Humour, Port Authority | Tags: Bridgegate, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Christie, GWB, Jimmy Fallon, Port Authority of NY/NJ | Comments Off on Christie’s Pals, Springsteen and Fallon, Spoof Bridgegate
Christie was not first choice as star of #STTS campaign

Congressman Frank Pallone during the 2013 Democratic U.S. Senate Primary Debate
Congressman Frank Pallone lied to the Department and Housing and Urban Development’s Inspector General when he asked that they audit the Christie Administration’s 2013 post-Superstorm Sandy Shore Tourism ad campaign.
In his August 8, 2013 letter to HUD Inspector General David Montoya, Pallone said:
Recently released documents relating to the bidding process and contract award for this marketing campaign show that the contract was awarded to a firm that is charging over $2 million more than the next lowest bidder to develop the marketing plan. The winning firm is being paid $4.7 million for their work, while a comparable firm proposed billing the state $2.5 million for similar work. This large discrepancy between the competing proposals raises concerns as to whether these federal funds are being spent in the most cost effective manner, and should be reviewed by your office.
I am also concerned that the winning bid proposed including Governor Chris Christie in the advertisements, while the lower cost proposal that was not selected did not. As you know, the Governor is running for reelection this year in a high profile race. It is inappropriate for taxpayer-funded dollars that are critical to our state’s recovery from this natural disaster to fund commercials that could potentially benefit a political campaign. In these sensitive circumstances, even the appearance of a conflict of interest should be avoided.
The fact that this particular proposal was chosen despite an obvious conflict of interest, in addition to the higher costs, raises serious concerns with the entire process. I fought hard for passage of the Sandy aid package in Congress by assuring my colleagues that this funding was critical to our recovery and that it would be spent responsibly without waste, fraud and abuse. Many in Congress objected to this funding precisely because of concerns their citizens’ tax dollars would be misspent. In that regard, the state’s mismanagement of taxpayer funds for this marketing campaign is extremely troubling, especially when there are so many New Jersey residents still in need of assistance to recover and rebuild from this historic storm.
But the firm behind the #STTS ad campaign, MWW of East Rutherford, said their proposal was $2.745 million under the $25 million budget and $1.47 million lower than the runner-up’s bid. MWW said their proposal offered the lowest hourly rate of all bids.
(Vote Here: Which song would Frank Pallone choose for the New Jersey Tourism ad?)
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 15th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: #STTS, 2016 Presidential Politics, Chris Christie | Tags: Bruce Springsteen, Chris Christie, Chris Smith, David Montoya, Frank Pallone, HUD, HUD Inspector General, Jon Bon Jovi, Josh Zeitz, MWW | 4 Comments »
Trenton, New Jersey, January 14, 2014
Lt. Governor, Mr. Speaker, Mr. President, Legislators, friends, fellow New Jerseyans:
The last week has certainly tested this Administration. Mistakes were clearly made. And as a result, we let down the people we are entrusted to serve. I know our citizens deserve better. Much better.
I am the governor and I am ultimately responsible for all that happens on my watch – both good and bad.
Without a doubt we will cooperate with all appropriate inquiries to ensure this breach of trust does not happen again.
But I also want to assure the people of New Jersey today that what has occurred does not define us or our state. This Administration and this Legislature will not allow the work that needs to be done to improve the people’s lives in New Jersey to be delayed. I am the leader of this state and its people and I stand here today proud to be both. And always determined to do better.
Now I come before you once again to report on the state of our state.
And today, the state of the state is good, and getting better.
(View the entire State of the State address here)
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 14th, 2014 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: 2016 Presidential Politics, Chris Christie, NJ State Legislature | Tags: 2014 State of the State, Chris Christie, Governor Chris Christie, State of the State | 5 Comments »