TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie’s office today confirmed a published report that an internal investigation by an attorney hired by New Jersey is the result of a “comprehensive and exhaustive” review and will give “a full airing of what happened…
EAST RUTHERFORD — He has been turned into a doll figurine and a candy diorama. Now, Gov. Chris Christie will have his very own comic book. An East Rutherford native has written a comic book chronicling Christie’s career, including the recent George…
By Erin O’Neill and Jenna Portnoy/The Star-Ledger SOUTH RIVER — Once polished and predictable, the governor’s town hall meetings now have it all: Hecklers, back talking from the audience, pugnacious responses from Chris Christie himself — and…
Following the Town Hall, a Christie Administration Mobile Cabinet will remain on site to meet with affected residents and answer questions related to the available Sandy recovery housing and business assistance programs.
No bags of any kind are permitted in the venue and all personal items are subject to search. Due to safety requirements, law enforcement officers will be in attendance and will wand all attendees.
Governor Chris Christie held a Town Hall meeting in the Middlesex County borough of South River this morning where he introduced his new rule for Town Hall Meetings.
The new rule is to wait for the protesters shipped in by the Communications Workers of America to be removed from the meeting before proceeding with your question.
Turns out Christie is prophetic, or as he said, a soothsayser.
UPDATE: The NY Daily News is reporting that Jeffrey Corzine was found dead several days ago in a Mexico City hotel. He had long struggled with drugs and alcohol.
Jeffrey Corzine, 31, the son of former New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine has died, according to a report in The New York Post.
Details about his death have not been reported. Jeffrey worked as a drug counselor in California.
Governor Chris Christie issued an expression of sympathy to the Corzine family.
“My thoughts and prayers are with Governor Corzine, Joanne and the entire Corzine family on the tragic loss of Jeffrey. They are both devoted parents and the loss they have suffered is unthinkable. Mary Pat and I send our personal condolences and condolences on behalf of all the people of New Jersey to the Corzine family during these very sad times.”
Who is to blame for the slow pace of New Jersey’s recovery from superstorm Sandy? Gov. Chris Christie blames federal red tape and regulations for holding up the distribution of aid money to storm victims in New Jersey. But New Jersey’s senior U.S.…
Monmouth County Democratic Chairman Vin Gopal just can’t help himself from practicing the “politics of yesterday,” as Governor Chris Christie said of him last year.
Friday evening on the Political Roundtable segment of the NJTV News with Mike Schneider, Gopal reacted to the news that the federal government had cleared Christie Administration of any errors or wrong doing with the AshBrit contract for cleaning up much of New Jersey after Superstorm Sandy by sticking to the Democratic/Star Ledger talking points. “The bigger issue is,” Gopal said, “why was so much money wasted in the process?” “Costs were higher,” he said, without saying higher than what. Certainly they were not higher than what the Army Corp of Engineers charged New York for their clean up.
What Gopal didn’t say is that he was busy helping AshBrit get business in the aftermath of Superstrom Sandy.
Click here to read an email Gopal sent me three weeks after Sandy hit asking for my help in introducing AshBrit’s agent, Laura Matos of M Public Affairs, a veteran of the Corzine administration, to Highlands Mayor Frank Nolan.
GOP political consultant Chris Russell joked on the segment that he was waiting for apologies from all the Democrats who criticized Christie over the AshBrit contract. Gopal should have apologized on the spot, especially since he was an active participant in recruiting municipalities to sign with the clean up company.
I don’t know if Gopal got paid for helping AshBrit get business but it is a safe bet that Matos and her fellow Corzine administration veterans at M Public Affairs did. Vin should ask Matos why the AshBrit contract cost so much.
I didn’t get paid. Nolan had Highlands almost entirely cleaned up without AshBrit before Vin reached out to me.
TRENTON — A federal audit released today concludes that Gov. Chris Christie’s administration did not violate any rules in awarding a no-bid contract to a politically connected company to haul away debris left by Hurricane Sandy. But the audit by the…